Thursday, November 15, 2012

The actual reason yeshiva students don't want to serve in the army has nothing to do with some imaginary halacha which supposedly exempts them. It has to do with the fact that it is of male nature that we like to sit and chat - as opposed to doing the heavy work which is involved in military service.
I am only commenting here on male nature because I am a male. I don't feel qualified to comment on female nature which I know nothing about. I just have a few rules concerning females which I have learned over the years by by hard experience. For the benefit of my fellow males, let me just share my major rules. (1) When your wife is in the kitchen--don't be there and don't bother her. (2) When she asks you to clean up your space -agree and respond immediately with direct and focused action.

No comments: